Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Done The Math?

Has Anyone Done The Math?

We are a pretty successful co-op. And have people wanting to join. Every once in a while we get people I believe are just hanging out to get the rewards. We have an eight task minimum to stay so they'd be kicked at the end of the race. I want to kick the ones that either do none ore one task before the rewards are given. Does this hurt the co-op more? Or is it a wash with there lack of points?

Hi Sherri,

nothing will happen, neither your coop will lose their points nor you are faced any other punishment.
    Bad enough your result is suffering from those participants doing nothing
    Last edited by Missy's; 09-22-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Thank you!

Yeah, unfortunately, kicking people before prizes are awarded is sometimes the right thing to do for the sake of those who are doing their bit. You don't lose their points, as Missy's says. If you've been clear about your co op's requirements and somebody has ignored that, then it's fair enough imho. If my co op had your rules, then anybody who did fewer than 8 tasks would be for the chop, unless it was a one off bad week and they had what I considered a very good reason. Their loss of prizes is only fair.. they didn't earn them anyway. And the earlier you do it, the longer they have to find a more suitable co op before the next race begins. Don't feel guilty, you were clear on your group's requirements, that's all you owe anybody.

Kick away! Freeloaders are no good. We have done it.. doesn't hurt the overall score since they aren't doing tasks anyway. U lose that extra person advantage but..again, what r u loosing since they don't adhere to your minimum requirements???

I'll just jump right on the bandwagon.

Freeloaders do nothing but bring you and your team down. If you have rules in place and they aren't followed, then the whole of the co-op suffers and you risk losing good players because of the odd bad one.

Wait until 12 hours before the regatta ends (just in case they decide they want to do a mad dash or contribute another 100+ points), but if they aren't meeting a quality standard, the have one person open the door and another use the boot. (I believe our co-op is going to have to start having an internal competition to decide who gets the honours! lol)

Hi Folks I have a question I hope y'all can help me with. I have a co- op member who was very active. Since the day Irma hit we've heard nothing from her. He town is been sitting with no activity. We assume she's involved in some sort of emergency. We do not want to kick her out but we need to change her racing status. I've sent numerous questions to help and support but have received no responses from H&S about anything since the 15th. So hopefully someone will be able to help me out.
    Thanks Madison
    Sunshine Township
    Sunny Days co-op

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Amur View Post
    Hi Folks I have a question I hope y'all can help me with. I have a co- op member who was very active. Since the day Irma hit we've heard nothing from her. He town is been sitting with no activity. We assume she's involved in some sort of emergency. We do not want to kick her out but we need to change her racing status. I've sent numerous questions to help and support but have received no responses from H&S about anything since the 15th. So hopefully someone will be able to help me out.
    Thanks Madison
    Sunshine Township
    Sunny Days co-op
    Hi Madison

I understand that some areas will be out of power for a long time. I hope she is not in that situation.

The only choice you have is to kick her. I had one member who disappeared for a while as her device died on her. As she was set as racing, I had no other choice but to kick her. I just changed the kick message with "We miss you. Come back soon". After you kick her, if another member has her in their friend list, they can send an invitation too.

I am sure as a seasoned player she will understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Madison

I understand that some areas will be out of power for a long time. I hope she is not in that situation.

The only choice you have is to kick her. I had one member who disappeared for a while as her device died on her. As she was set as racing, I had no other choice but to kick her. I just changed the kick message with "We miss you. Come back soon". After you kick her, if another member has her in their friend list, they can send an invitation too.

I am sure as a seasoned player she will understand the situation.
    I agree 100%. We had to do it an old co-op that I was in. It was an absolutely gut-wrenching decision, but we left a note saying "Come back whenever you are able" and she came back a couple of weeks later apologising up and down for not letting us know and changing her status.

It is one of those things you just have to do, and as you said, a seasoned player will not take offense.

We had this happen to our co-op once. Member was Mia for 3 weeks. Turns out she fell down icy steps and was in the hospital. We now have a rule that after the first week they will be kicked but we send them an invitation. We make sure that someone on the team has the person on their friends list first though.