Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Differences

Quote Originally Posted by grover View Post
    Our team has received mixed info on tiebreaker rules. We have heard the explanation you outline above, but have also heard that tiebreakers are won by the team with the fastest task time. In other words a team that completed tasks in less than a hour on average, but took 5 days to complete the race would beat a team that completed tasks in 4 hours average but finished the race in 3 days. Confusing I know.

Just checking for confirmation. We don't want to be wrong on this. Thank you.
    Reading the in-game help, I can see where you might get that interpretation. The help says "who finishes their tasks fastest", which might imply the Team or the Individual, it's really uclear. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe they keep track ofveach person's start/end/elapsed time for each task the take and add them up for the whole team to determine the average task-time to break ties. Seems way too complicated.

However, unless Playrix accurately documents their scoring and tie breaking rules, all we'll ever do is speculate round and round.

I offer an example of how to completely document and explain all possibilities for tie breaking and I look forward to Playrix's version of it.

In the spirit of the thread:

In our co-op, my partner and I usually place 1st and 2nd place.
    Sometimes he finishes his tasks before me, sometimes I before him.
    Regardless; it always ends up me in the top spot, even if I start before and finish after him.
    The other week I deliberately took a 133 task just so he could be top for once.

We can only assume this is because I am a few levels ahead of him.
    This doesn't seem fair?
    Surely, level should be irrelevant, and if he finishes his tasks first, or finishes his tasks quickest (two different things, I guess), he should be 1st?

From the help system : that if the top three co-ops all finish in a tie, the one that completed their tasks the fastest wins.

No mention of individual player or individual task. To me it always have been the total time taken by a co-op to complete all the tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    In the spirit of the thread:

In our co-op, my partner and I usually place 1st and 2nd place.
    Sometimes he finishes his tasks before me, sometimes I before him.
    Regardless; it always ends up me in the top spot, even if I start before and finish after him.
    The other week I deliberately took a 133 task just so he could be top for once.

We can only assume this is because I am a few levels ahead of him.
    This doesn't seem fair?
    Surely, level should be irrelevant, and if he finishes his tasks first, or finishes his tasks quickest (two different things, I guess), he should be 1st?
    I find it best to not comment on partner-partner tie breaking procedures. However, my wife always ranks 1st, followed by the dog, then me.

Hi Nevada

Probably because there is no special meaning/reward within a co-op. In case of a tie, the game use the same system used in the co-op : highest level first.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I find it best to not comment on partner-partner tie breaking procedures. However, my wife always ranks 1st, followed by the dog, then me.
    Bwahahaha! This thread melted my brain and then I read this and laughed myself better. Thanks cdosr!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    This is too funny