Thread: Buying your way to the top.

Rabbie MacUisdein

Buying your way to the top.

I am aware that this is not a new issue. We all play the game for fun and entertainment, and when we have contests they are meant to be a friendly form of competition and when people resort to buying their way to a win ruins it for the rest of us because it makes the rest of us say why bother to play. Well I am going to get off my soap box.

Hi Rabbie. Welcome to the Forum.

Unlike the permanent features of the game, the Events are even more susceptible to hard feelings among players. I play to win my personal goal in all of them. Then, I usually walk away once that is done (unless it is an event I am having great fun with).

This event had great new prizes going for it, which added to the fun and the accumulation of new, permanent decorations. I did not find it particularly fun to play, and I didn't want or need the additional competition race prizes, so I got everything out of it that I wanted.

For those of you that wanted to continue and compete, the reality is there are players who are willing to spend fortunes to win or worse, cheat. That is how it is in all the events and there is really not much Playrix can do to control it.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

coljoy
    I don't think buying your way to a win is a good thing and to me it really doesn't make sense considering we only get $15 / $10 for winning. However, companies that create games need financing. Without it nobody would have the luxury of playing the game. Contests seen to entice more players to purchase game cash. It's part of the gaming business. So I see the need to financially support a game you like playing and appreciate, if we as customers are treated well, but I agree that one shouldn't spend an 'arm and leg' winning. Unless someone is playing with hacks, I don't think we can stop others from buying game cash if they wish but I can understand your upset in part.

Victrola1966
    Personally I prefer the events where we help each other as a community. I can't play as much as others and am disabled so I have no money to spend, though I have done so for land expansions. This is the first event to have stuff I want but I won't reach my goals. Se la vie.

Aussie Acres
    At some point every person in an event has to be guilty of buying something whether it's to fasten up production, buying a booster etc. There can never be a level playing field as each person gets different items requested worth different values, have different machines available to them to produce with and are at different levels. Not only does buying T cash or earning it allow a slight levelling of the field but affords those who normally wouldn't even be in the running to earn and place. As coljoy said above the developers also need the funds to improve and run this game. Obviously this doesn't include those who are cheating. They aren't even giving back to the game we all love.

Tassie
    This is something I have been thinking about recently - more from a personal view on me spending money / Tcash.

I haven't spent any Tcash on the competition itself ( ie haven't bought boosts etc) but did use some to buy just a few more of the decorations as I really like these ones, and this was the only way to get more.

And I think that this will be how I use it going forward. Not to speed things up, buy tools etc etc but to buy things I can only get with Tcash.

But I am VERY lucky with the group I am in competition with. Just people trying the same way as me. For the overall leader board, well that makes no difference to my game.

But if I was in a different group, then my philosophy would just be (hopefully!) that as long as I got the decoration prizes, then the final prizes just really give me a small boost in a game I hope to play for quite some time (nice as they would be to get). It will just take me a bit longer to progress overall in the game without them.

Hope this makes sense as I am still working thru that this is the best way for me to play, to give me the most satisfaction

Tassie I think you have an excellent attitude about this event! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Nana; 02-11-2016 at 03:25 AM.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)