Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60% Off Dealer & An Amazon Echo Trick

60% Off Dealer & An Amazon Echo Trick

I rarely use the dealer because he costs T-cash and I don't make the best use of him because I forget that I have him. But twice now, I have gotten a 60% off deal (10 days for 36 t-cash) and jumped at it. How could I not?

I rarely use him for products, but I buy jewelry and ore from him since I never have enough of either, especially copper ore.

The trick I discovered is that when I buy something from him, I set a timer on my Echo Dot for one hour, when he will be available again. I also set timers for anything I want to be sure to follow up on, such as flipping boats for a boat task or refilling the zoo stores when the hot items are high point values. Yes, when the timer goes off, I have to rememberr WHICH item I wanted to deal with as soon as possible, but that usually only involves checking two or three stores/factories. If I really think I'll forget, I set a reminder rather than a timer, which lets me have Alexa tell me "zoo" BUT doesn't keep going off until I say "Alexa, stop" like the timer does.

Of course I could use a regular timer and accomplish the same thing. But I didn't. Finding it and then remembering to drag it around from room to room so I could hear it when it went off was too much of a nuisance, not to mention I often have two or three timers running at once for different tasks. I find Alexa much easier to use. YMMV.

Actually the dealer takes coins for 99% of goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Winterberry View Post
    Actually the dealer takes coins for 99% of goods.
    Yes, but hiring the dealer costs Tcash. Usually we get 20% off when rehiring within the time limit, otherwise it costs 90 tcash.

You can name your Amazon Alexa timers. "Alexa, set a dealer timer for 10 minutes". When the time expires, Alexa will tell you which timer it was.

I'll have to try that when DH isn't sleeping.

With the dealer is there any way you could split the search for Eg search for 5 cupcake 5 corn

Quote Originally Posted by twitch71 View Post
    With the dealer is there any way you could split the search for Eg search for 5 cupcake 5 corn
    There is no way to do that. 1 search - 1 product

No. You can only search for 1 product at a time

Snissen, you are right! But you have to exactly follow the format you gave. "Alexa, set a dealer timer for 1 hour" works (most of the time) but "Alexa, set dealer timer for 1 hour" doesn't, at least not for me. Sure is a help, thank you for sharing!

I have NEVER seen 10 days dealer for 36 t-cash. It's always been 72. What am I missing???