Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Co-op Closed But Someone Joined?

Co-op Closed But Someone Joined?

are co op. is closed but a person joined during the night how can this happen

Someone in your co-op likely sent them an invite. Invites bypass "closed" co-op restrictions.

Uninvited New Member

Hi Betty,
    Same thing happened to us (Bella's Retreat ). The request was accepted by an Elder who didn't realize we changed our status back to closed after the arrival of 2 new members, which was our goal.

ANYWAY, no one had invited this person and no one knew anything about him/her.

To avoid any potential problems, I deleted him/her from our Co-op , with an apology explaining we were not currently accepting new members and his/her request was put through because of a system error.

In the meantime, we've contacted Tech Support hoping the glitch will be fixed.

Am so glad you posted your experience. It did alot to lift my spirits, knowing others have dealt with the same issue. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Hi Betty,
    Same thing happened to us (Bella's Retreat ). The request was accepted by an Elder who didn't realize we changed our status back to closed after the arrival of 2 new members, which was our goal.

ANYWAY, no one had invited this person and no one knew anything about him/her.

To avoid any potential problems, I deleted him/her from our Co-op , with an apology explaining we were not currently accepting new members and his/her request was put through because of a system error.

In the meantime, we've contacted Tech Support hoping the glitch will be fixed.

Am so glad you posted your experience. It did alot to lift my spirits, knowing others have dealt with the same issue. Thanks.
    A couple of things that get overlooked in invitations is that they last until the invitee deletes them and they are specific to the inviter’s account and not the coop that inviter is in. So any of your current coop members who might have ever sent an invitation to any other player in any other coop at any other time, might still have outstanding invitations that could get accepted eventually.
    Meaning that if you or another member invites a player now, but then leaves and joins another coop(s), the invitations go with you unless the invitee deletes them.

Makes for good conversation starter in a closed coop.

Garvie
    Givers Only Coop
    Last edited by Garvamatic; 11-03-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Good Grammar is next to godliness

Oh, interesting point Garvie, I hadn’t realised it worked that way, as an open invitation to whatever coop the inviter is in at the point of acceptance, not the point of invitation. Wow.. now I get why you edited for grammar, lol, that’s a head-masher!

Eyed my oldest invitations a couple of days, and now it's definite: They expire after 90 days. Day 89, then ... Poof, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Eyed my oldest invitations a couple of days, and now it's definite: They expire after 90 days. Day 89, then ... Poof, gone.
    wow, interesting! I also thought they stay "forever", as I also experienced an entry into a closed Coop after an eternity of status change.
    Thanks, Garvie and Cathy, for these explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Ohh, ok, maybe they updated that then. Makes more sense for them to expire. I had some for ages and ages just to keep the same people from reinviting me. Plus, discovered the person to person thing, when an old invitee of mine popped into solo closed coop to say hi there.

Garvie

Ernie Adds Members Automatically????

We are a closed co op, and suddenly two new members were accepted into it by "Ernie". There is no Elder called Ernie in our co op, nor did the new members ask to be accepted, they just were there from one moment to another.

The new people only speak Portuguese, and we are an English-speaking group. We communicate a LOT during regattas, to reserve tasks and thus prep for them. Two members who don't speak the language and won't understand will be disastrous since they are liable to dump or take tasks others have been prepping for.

This happened with some other members who did not speak English well (or just couldn't be bothered to check before dumping or deleting), and they were kicked out, which is one of the reasons we became a closed co op.

So does Ernie, everyone's friend, automatically add people to co ops when the game decides we need more people in our co op? In our case, this Big Brother move is just going to create problems.

Anemone

I have never seen Ernie accept members in my co-op which is by request. In the case of a "closed" co-op, nobody can send a request to join and nobody need "accept" a new player. What has to be done, is for one member to send an invitation to these players. The invitation could have been made weeks before and stayed pending all this time. As soon as the invitee accept it, he joins your co-op.

Having said that, if you have a message in your co-op chat stating "Ernie accept XXX", it is not normal. You should take a screenshot and send a report with it from within the game.