Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activation Problem

I’m having problems linking my account and I don’t understand what it’s asking me to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ellys Hollow View Post
    I’m having problems linking my account and I don’t understand what it’s asking me to do
    Hi!
    If you are referring to the forum account registration, you must check your email (the address you used to create your account) and click on the link you received. Afterwards, close the forum, re-open and log in again.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I received an answer to me trying to enter this forum. You emailed me saying that my email address was not valid. It's funny because you sent the refusal to THE SAME address. Lol That's the only was I could receive it. I think it's funny! I'm sending my e-mail, the same way as before and I would just like to enter this forum. Trying to sign up has now taken me 46 minutes and you refused me. Can this be fixed, please? Thank you.

Hi Mary, are you getting a message saying "This user's primary usergroup is also listed as a secondary group for this user. Please change the primary group or remove the secondary group." If you could PM me (or Nevada or Dread) what you were sent, we can pass it to Admin for a look. It does seem, though, since your post is here and you're listed as a New Member, that you are in fact able to post in the meantime.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Difficulty in joining forum

I'm in a couple of Township groups whose members don't speak English, and in the last couple of days I've read quite a few posts from people who've wanted to join the forum to take part in the "Beta test time penalty" thread, but who have been unable to do so.

First of all they don't speak English, and most of them have said they aren't given any language options, apart from a few who who could access the registration form in Russian. But the main problem occurs afterwards. After getting the verification email and trying to log in they encounter this:

Screenshot_2019-05-16-23-27-28_kindlephoto-361726436.jpg

English is my first language but I have absolutely no idea what those two sentences mean! So I would guess that a non-English speaker may be more than a little perplexed. It's not just a recent occurrence though - when I first started playing the game on Windows, about three years ago, the same thing happened to me. I tried everything I could think of (which admittedly wasn't much ), but nothing worked, and eventually I just gave up. Then when my old laptop died and I started playing on Kindle I gave it another try and managed to register with no problem at all.

I know Playrix isn't responsible for the technical side of this forum, but is there any way to ask the people at vBulletin® why this happens, and what the solution is?

It seems a shame that people are missing out on the wealth of info there is here, and those of us who did manage to join are missing out on meeting new people. There was a thread in February called "What Townshipper are you?" which was apparently viewed 323,867 times - I wonder how many of those "viewers" tried to join but couldn't?? (Not saying I think it would be a good idea for 300,000 people all to join at once of course )

ps. It would also be nice (inclusive) if registration instructions were available in other languages, but I'm not sure whether that's down to Playrix or vBulletin.

I am having multiple issues registering I am getting the primary/ secondary notice as well as one stating the web address was incorrect ( it was from a link in the registration email ) so I cut and pasted the activation code and it sent me to another page and it says that web address is not valid and to contact an administrator who can complete my registration but it wouldn’t even show me a comment form before so maybe I am registered ? I sure am wasting a lot of time here if I’m not 😢

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Gilmore View Post
    I am having multiple issues registering I am getting the primary/ secondary notice as well as one stating the web address was incorrect ( it was from a link in the registration email ) so I cut and pasted the activation code and it sent me to another page and it says that web address is not valid and to contact an administrator who can complete my registration but it wouldn’t even show me a comment form before so maybe I am registered ? I sure am wasting a lot of time here if I’m not
    Hi Karen,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error messages you get? The forum tech team will need them in order to figure out what went wrong with your registration, and fix it ASAP. Thanks!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Gilmore View Post
    I am having multiple issues registering I am getting the primary/ secondary notice as well as one stating the web address was incorrect ( it was from a link in the registration email ) so I cut and pasted the activation code and it sent me to another page and it says that web address is not valid and to contact an administrator who can complete my registration but it wouldn’t even show me a comment form before so maybe I am registered ? I sure am wasting a lot of time here if I’m not 😢
    Hi Karen. It seems as though you have registered whatever the error messages say, because your post here is clearly visible to everyone Those messages have been appearing to some people for months/years now, and it seems nobody knows why or what they mean. Very confusing!! But anyway, welcome to the forum