Thread: Gender Signifiers

Gender Signifiers

It would be nice if there was an option on your profile to say if you're male/female/undisclosed, that then translated to co-op chat.

For example, each persons name could be blue-male, pink-female, then undisclosed could remain the yellow the names are now and your own could still be green.

Not a big deal but when mentioning others it'd be nice to be able to say he or she, instead of "s/he" or "they".

The undisclosed option would still give people the choice of whether to say or not.

If you're using the chat feature to get to know your fellow members, why not just ask?

Because maybe s/he is not an English speaker, and doesn't chat more than a thumbs up emoji when people help him/her?
    We have a few Chinese in our co-op, and one that can translate when she's around, which is rare for her to talk as she pops on, does her thing and goes again.

They're great regatta people, great helpers, just, not talkers.

It's really a very minor thing, just something that came to mind the other day when I had to type a sentence full of "s/he"s and "their"s.

The other option would be to make male and female versions of each profile pic, but that doesn't help when people have their own, or for them to stay neutral if they wish.

Or like the other day, I helped a new person and got a "thank you sir" in response. When I put "*maam" they were mortified, as much as I laughed and said it wasn't a problem.

🤷🏻*♀️ Just an idea for if the devs get a spare moment and want something to tweak.