Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumping Too Many Tasks

I take back my answer, Graylady is right. I'm just to focused on the leaderboard and a 5 member coop need not be.

I think that each co-op has their own aims. I know with mine that we don't stand a chance to be anywhere near even the Top 1000 on any leaderboard, so I am happy for tasks to be dumped as long as they haven't been requested by a member. We had 15 racing members last week and we dumped 128 tasks and were promoted straight back into the Golden League after a week back in Silver.

I personally don't feel there is a line between dumping "too few" or "just enough" and "too many" tasks. If you are trying for high scores, then you pretty much have to dump anything much below 135 points. If you get a lot of low point tasiks (like we have lately), then you have to dump a lot. And we are a noncompetitive coop! We only dump tasks below 120 points or duplicates, and I still typically dump 200-300 tasks per regatta.

I miss the HoL tasks too. We got ZERO last regatta and none so far this regatta. I also have seen far fewer mining tasks and those few for lower points, ditto for helicopter tasks (both of which I like). Still have those lousy mystery tasks and send-boats-tasks. I spent a lot of time last regatta with no active taslk because there was nothing I wanted to do.

ETA: Last week we were something like 28,000th on the leaderboard. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I miss the HoL tasks too. We got ZERO last regatta and none so far this regatta. I also have seen far fewer mining tasks and those few for lower points, ditto for helicopter tasks (both of which I like). Still have those lousy mystery tasks and send-boats-tasks. I spent a lot of time last regatta with no active taslk because there was nothing I wanted to do.
    In my opinion, too, and I can't even dump these tasks, cos some in our Coop like them. Starts to get boring.

Agreed.. luck, mining, zoo and animal feed tasks in short supply, except as mysteries or at 131 points or below. Our board keeps filling up wth mysteries and islands. And most of the mysteries this week are for island goods, too, especially bananas for some reason. Except for my 120 cacao and my teammate's wallpaper. grrrr. It was fine when the flying event was happening, but without it the pirate tasks are far too dominant imho.

I maybe missing something but i don't even see a dump button anymore, or can only leaders dump tasks now. I've just joined a wooden league group because i needed a break from the ultra competitive Gold league were everyone gets maximum points in about a day. I don't see a dump button on mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgetown View Post
    I maybe missing something but i don't even see a dump button anymore, or can only leaders dump tasks now. I've just joined a wooden league group because i needed a break from the ultra competitive Gold league were everyone gets maximum points in about a day. I don't see a dump button on mine?
    AFAIK, it was always that leaders, Co-leaders and Elders can dump from the task board.
    If you just joined a new coop, chances are you are a member, and those can't dump.

It isn't a setting like the display statistics yes/no either.

Yes there are too many boat tasks. I stated in another thread that it would've been nice to have a variety of pirate themed tasks, not just more of the same. As about half the team do like the mystery tasks, our dumping ratio has decreased somewhat, but there really is too little variety appearing on the board.

We too had a huge amount of boat tasks. I had my boats in the harbour all the time that they weren't on a task as I couldn't afford to have them out when a boat task came in. The main issue was that you have to SEND boats to a particular island for the Island tasks.