Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Book Corner

YorkieLass
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    Have you read the Almonzo (her husband's life) books?
    Oooh.....the James Herriot books are brilliant.

Oops.....this was meant to be on Mims post....but hey - ho.....there ya go....lol

MimG
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkieLass View Post
    Oooh.....the James Herriot books are brilliant. ������

I thought you might like the James Herriot books Yorkie!

Read some of those as teen... should still have then somewhere, but I rarely read now apart from when I'm at my mum's hospital appts.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I Love South Africa
    Hi everyone

What a great idea YorkieLass starting this thread!

I love to read, but I'm not able to hold a book and turn the pages now, due to the arthritis in both hands, so I read on my Kindle Fire and balance it on my hands, but I agree reading a book is so much better than electronically, but having said that I've now got used to it and it's easier to carry round with you, especially going on holidays.

I enjoy reading J K Rowling, Tolkien, Wilbur Smith, Agatha Christie, Paul O'Grady, The Hairy Bikers, Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Harlen Cobin, John Grisham, Jeffrey Archer, Karin Slaughter, Tess Gerritson, some of Stephen King but to name a few.

We have an entire room, floor to ceiling bookshelves containing loads of fiction and non-fiction.

Barbara-Jean
    i Love South Africa, I would Love to sit in your Library curled up with some tea, and just Smell the books, Like Ferdinand the bull used to sit in the bullfighting ring and smell the flowers!! that was my little sisters Favorite book!! The flowers were on all the Ladies hats!

love Sci-Fi I am re-reading the Game of Thrones, after reading it again, it is like reading a new book, there are so mny characters, it was hard to keep everyone straight!

Doodlebug82
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love South Africa View Post
    Hi everyone

What a great idea YorkieLass starting this thread!

I love to read, but I'm not able to hold a book and turn the pages now, due to the arthritis in both hands, so I read on my Kindle Fire and balance it on my hands, but I agree reading a book is so much better than electronically, but having said that I've now got used to it and it's easier to carry round with you, especially going on holidays.

I enjoy reading J K Rowling, Tolkien, Wilbur Smith, Agatha Christie, Paul O'Grady, The Hairy Bikers, Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Harlen Cobin, John Grisham, Jeffrey Archer, Karin Slaughter, Tess Gerritson, some of Stephen King but to name a few.

We have an entire room, floor to ceiling bookshelves containing loads of fiction and non-fiction.
    I read a lot of the same authors as you. LOVE to read!

I love to read too. Always loved it. I recognize many authors but there are some I don't know. Will have to check them.

I love whodunit and mysteries. I was a fan of sci-fi for many years but now I prefer fantasy. Love to be transported to magic worlds.

For those that love whodunit with a slow pace and good characters development, check out Louise Penny and her Inspector Gamache.

I still read "books" but I prefer to read on my tablet with the kindle app. Love the adjustments we can make about the light, the size of text, the contrast and the light weight
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Chic121
    Me too, I've been an avid reader since little girl....... Unfortunately just now because of all the daily medication I'm on my eyes get extremely blurry most days.... So I tend to read on my iPad as I can adjust the font size...

I like Autobiographies too depending on who it is. I'm busy reading Alan Cumming - Not my Fathers Son (I follow him as an Actor, loving most things he's been in) he had such a bad childhood, so far the book is excellent..
    I'm a big Martina Cole fan, read everything of hers so far. To name a few more, I can go from James Herbert to good romance like Danielle Steel, Bella Andre, Melody Anne, Melody Grace.... I loved the Flowers in the Attic Trilogy by V C Andrews.... Like Dawn French, Dickens, Catherine Cookson, Jane Austin.... My list is endless....

If I love a book I can read it in a day, being housebound in poor health well that's easy to do some days.... I would like to read what Yorkie is currently reading.... The Hairy Bikers.... So I think that's next for me...

I still like to get proper books sometimes just needing the real thing...... Yorkie thank you for this great thread......

Doodlebug82
    Graylady, I have read all of Louise Penny's books. Gamache is a great character. I like how she gets into the emotional side of the characters. I'd love to go visit Three Pines.

Cazzie
    I'm afraid I don't read classics, I do have paperbacks but now use the kindle app to read. I enjoy a good romantic comedy but my favourite books are stories set around the war, I love Rosie Goodwin, Pam Weaver, Joan Jonker, and Katie Flynn (always cry when reading hers) to name a few.