Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting discouraged...

-Malera-
    Hang in there Tobelyn, it does level out after a while. I'm currently level 63 with a 685 barn and I had the same problems as you previously. It's only within the last week or so that I seem to have got the barn under control. This is what I currently do:

• Make one of each item - I only fulfill orders that ask for one of an item and delete the ones that ask for multiples.
    • Never keep feed in the barn - I leave the feed in the feed mills and just grab it when I need it.
    • I do buy non-crop items from the market, but these very quickly go towards planes/trains/friends.
    • Stop doing the zoo - I was putting all my resources towards it but then realized I would do better getting my town to 82+ and THEN doing the zoo. Now I don't have ridiculous amounts of shears hanging around!
    • Have at least 4 plots of each crop and a bare section to use for on demand items. Any crops I am short of, I buy from the market.
    • Get as many baskets at the market as possible, either through friends or T-Cash. Someone on here said it works out like an extra barn, and they are not wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by -Malera- View Post
    [*]Have at least 4 plots of each crop and a bare section to use for on demand items. Any crops I am short of, I buy from the market.
    Keeping a section of plots ready to be use is good but I would suggest using it for wheat instead of letting it empty. Wheat is fast and give a good return in coins and xp. If you keep collecting and sowing, it will pay off in the long run. Easy to sell if the barn is full.

I'm always surprise when I visit town with a lot of empty fields : this is a waste of resources to me.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Bethany Clarke
    Quote Originally Posted by musicalia65 View Post
    Bethany, your idea is good, but 6 products of long time of crop are little. For example, some trains or planes request 24 potatoes, 27 pines, 21 peppers, 18 rubber.....
    Yeah, you're right. If I get a train or plane that asks for a lot of something that takes a long time to grow - rubber, silk, etc. - I usually buy what I haven't grown from the marketplace and if that still isn't enough, I'll use Raja's once-hourly offer and buy more that way until I've filled my quota. If I need a lot of a fast-growing crop, I'll temporarily clear 20-25 fields and grow rounds of those crops to fill the order. If it's a plane asking for a lot of something hard to grow in quantities and I can't buy it in a reasonable amount of time, I'll often send off the plane empty and do the next one.

My strategy isn't a perfect system by any means, but it's what I've found that works the best for me so far. One of the reasons I like this forum is I learn so much from it that improves my gameplay. When someone here tells about a way to do something better than how I'm doing it, I follow their lead and adjust my plans.

-Malera-
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Keeping a section of plots ready to be use is good but I would suggest using it for wheat instead of letting it empty. Wheat is fast and give a good return in coins and xp. If you keep collecting and sowing, it will pay off in the long run. Easy to sell if the barn is full.

I'm always surprise when I visit town with a lot of empty fields : this is a waste of resources to me.
    Good point! Thank you!

Sandy
    José - 2685.
    I like to help friends. I also am grateful when friends help me. I will sell things, to make space in my barn, to make 65 carrots or wheat for friends. If you don't have a few friends who will help you equally, then sadly maybe you need to delete some people and search for a few new friends. There are some on my friend list who never help me, but they ask for lots of cheese, lots of sugar, etc. After a few months I say goodbye and accept new friends. Then a few of them come back on my pending list, and start helping.

Tobelyn
    Thanks so much to all for the advice. You've all given me something to work with. I don't feel quite so defeated anymore and promise to give it another shot. I think I'm just one of those people who feels like every plane has to be full, all neighbors need to be helped, etc. Guess I will try to be a little more frugal about what I keep, who I help, and what orders I fill.

Thanks again. Please feel free to keep the advice coming. Btw, I'm on level 64 and I've been playing daily for over 6 months.

Sandy
    One last thing Tobelyn, that other players taught me when we first started having planes in the game. Sometimes our planes ask for outrageous amounts of precious goods. Send them away unfilled. Don't even give other players the option of filling some slots (towards getting a clover for themselves). Soon the Playrix computer system will figure out that you won't fill those kinds of orders and then the planes will start asking for less, and be more reasonable. ....keep us updated as to how you're doing ok?

Ali Land
    I've been through a phase where I'd get up in the night as some long crops or products would be ready to fill a plane. It's a game, so it must be fun. I like it if I can fill my plane as it comes in, but you have got all day to fill it. I've had a big problem with community buildings. At one point, I had about 8 on the go - it took about a month to clear. Although I've stopped doing that, I'm still having a hard time. My trains are - in relation to what I see in friends- too small. I never get hammers or windows it seems, lots of shovels and picks. So like most people, I spend a long time with a barn over crowded with building materials for both community buildings and expansion. So how to keep enough stuff for planes?

I don't! You get 4 hours notice , so if you will need tomatoes or cotton, its worth turning a load of your fields over to that so they are ready as it lands. Rubber or silk won't be ready, but they will before the 14 hours is up. I m not going to fill all my farms with that though! I might plant 6 or 9, as it could help replace what I use, but its too much stress stockpiling. If wheat is needed, I ignore that until the plane lands. What I produce, I'll just buy.

For example - I've just sent a plane off. The next one wants macaroons, choc ice and bread. I sent two boats to collect coconuts, my patisery is not busy so I'll make 3. I already have 3. If there is a helicopter order wanting macarroons, I'll be careful not to delete as that will give it more chances to turn up in the market. I'm ignoring the bread, no way I want piles of that in the barn - I'll make it when the plane lands. I've got 2 choc ices. After trains and a big round of help for friends my suger and dairy are depleted and I'm low on ices in general. Choc ice is too much trouble right now so I'll ignored that.
    I'll buy what I don't have from Raj. Between a bit of what I've got, a bit of help from friends and a couple of shopping trips - worst case scenario to fill a plane is 3 hours, what ever the request. I only take longer if one of my or my friends trains has something tricky which Raj can solve.
    In this context, I no longer worry about having loads of every item just in case.
    When I see a request for say 60 corn, I keep it and do it as soon as I can. For a friend, I get started straight away. I pretend they had a flood or something ( I know there just having a barn issue) and I'm sending aid. I like to give little stories along the way. By habitually forcing yourself to fill these, you develop more stream lined barn storage.

If your getting frustrated with some aspect of the game, change the narrative. If planes are causing stress, close the airport. if your friends are unhelpful - go on some diplomatic surveys take a good look at their stats, and if you don't like what you see its time for trade sanctions. If your snack factory is too slow, give them a pay rise or improve their conditions ( invest ingots or a bit of T cash for shelves) but if their demands will hurt the rest of the town - import goods instead ( market, Raj,)

This might not solve the actual barn issue, but you can make the challenge fun.

Nidhi Nevatia
    Absolutely new here. Just started. I don't have wheat nor corn at all in my barn. From where do I get and how to get. Please help

Sharika Jeter
    I know what you mean about the barn. Mine get filled up too. Little by little, I sell off items after helping neighbors. If the game get too stressful for you, just step away for a while. It's not that serious. Games are supposed to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhi Nevatia View Post
    Absolutely new here. Just started. I don't have wheat nor corn at all in my barn. From where do I get and how to get. Please help

You grow those items farming. Wheat and corn don't take forever to harvest, like other crops do. Good luck.