Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 49 Week Winning Streak Coming To An End

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Donaldson View Post
    cdosr,, first off I was going to say what Honor just said, namely that the there seemed to be a lot of 135 pirate season tasks, mystery and otherwise, that helped us keep our dump total lower than what I actually thought it would be as well. Second we never dumped any 135 tasks, not planes (an easy rush task) not silk (which we always prep for), and not even those lousy Tropica Island tasks (which really slowed us down because they cost to much to rush and take 9 hours).
    I don't remember if *all* the season tasks were 135's, even the "send ships" and "smelt ingots". I know all the mystery tasks were 135. If that's the case, it would sure change the ratios.

I know we dumped a few 135's because none of us really want to spend t-cash to speed up things. The only spending is the 10T on the 16th task. Of course, team members are free to spend if they wish, I just don't require it. I have been known to speed up a ship return because I screwed up something and wanted it back fast (e.g., sent it without an ingot) but that was my own fault and the price to fix it was t-cash.

Anyway, I'd like to hear from others on how the season specific tasks affected their dumping activity. I know from other threads that people either love or hate the season tasks especially the mystery tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I don't remember if *all* the season tasks were 135's, even the "send ships" and "smelt ingots". I know all the mystery tasks were 135. If that's the case, it would sure change the ratios.
    The season tasks - ingots, especially, came in different quantities and points.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

cdosr, the leader of our second, smaller coop, reported a dump ratio of 1 to 6 doing all 135s, which again is better than the pre-pirate days. And although not all pirate tasks were 135s it seems that over half the tasks we did last race were pirate tasks of one type or another, so that could account for our unusually good dumping rate. Btw, our dump rate was 5.6+ to 1
    Last edited by Dan Donaldson; 09-04-2017 at 07:13 PM.

I don't know our dump rate.. it's very early days for us as a newly budded off co op.. but I do know it's been noticeably lower since the seasonal regatta. The mystery and island tasks are making a lot of difference and seem to represent about a third to a half of our board at any time. Was even better with the event tasks too.. lotsa lovely fuel and flying tasks, I could get all wistful and nostalgic for those already!

I must say that over the last 2 weeks we have had more 135 value tasks on the board than before. I, as Leader tend to do only 135 value tasks, but the 15 other members can choose any task over 100. We have a twin co-op who race to win. My co-op was formed from members of that co-op who didn't want to race full out every week, a!though I enjoy that. Ironically!lywe worked our way straight up to the Golden League. This last week we were dumping 135 value tasks as we had too many of them and our competitive members had completed all of their tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Donaldson View Post
    cdosr, the leader of our second, smaller coop, reported a dump ratio of 1 to 6 doing all 135s, which again is better than the pre-pirate days. And although not all pirate tasks were 135s it seems that over half the tasks we did last race were pirate tasks of one type or another, so that could account for our unusually good dumping rate. Btw, our dump rate was 5.6+ to 1
    What exactly is the Dump Ratio. I've seen it several times but don't know what it is. Would you mind sharing the calculation and what kind of range is desirable (high or low)? thank you!

The dump ratio is the number of tasks you have to dump per 135 task available. How many low tasks you have to dump to get a 135 to appear. It’s only an issue in Golden League, where a points penalty is applied in your Global Leaderboard score for dumping tasks. So the ideal is to dump as few tasks as possible, while keeping the board at only tasks of 135 points so you can get maximum score.