Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How Is Regatta Region Determined?

  1. #1

    How Is Regatta Region Determined?

    Our coop was assigned a region after the last update. We did not choose it. How was it determined? We are in America region but notice there are Russian and Chinese teams on the leaderboard as well as some other countries based on their language preference. Can we change it? Will it affect our current ranking? Many questions!

    Debra
    Helpers coop

  2. #2
    Hi Debra,

    Not sure how automatic assignments were determined. My first guess was the language setting that a majority of players in one's co-op have, but that's pretty limited given someone might - for example, live in America and play in Russian. Perhaps they looked at time zones and when one's co-op takes its first task?

    Leaders and co-leaders can change the category. You'll see a "Regatta Region" option after tapping "Edit." The choices are:
    • America
    • Europe
    • Asia

    I believe it'll only affect your region leaderboard in that it'll be re-categorized/ranked.

    EDIT: Looked at what it says when you try to change your region: "New Regional Settings Are Applied Once The Season Starts." Don't know what to make of that...like once a region is set for a season, it can't be changed until the next one?
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-29-2017 at 06:04 AM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

  3. #3
    Member 2bluedaffodils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Hi Debra,

    Not sure how automatic assignments were determined. My first guess was the language setting that a majority of players in one's co-op have, but that's pretty limited given someone might - for example, live in America and play in Russian. Perhaps they looked at time zones and when one's co-op takes its first task?

    Leaders and co-leaders can change the category. You'll see a "Regatta Region" option after tapping "Edit." The choices are:
    • America
    • Europe
    • Asia

    I believe it'll only affect your region leaderboard in that it'll be re-categorized/ranked.

    EDIT: Looked at what it says when you try to change your region: "New Regional Settings Are Applied Once The Season Starts." Don't know what to make of that...like once a region is set for a season, it can't be changed until the next one?
    My tabs say Global and America. I'm a solo co-op so will never get on any, live in US. But my question is that the top global winners win the t-cash, how do they decide on the winners? I looked at the global and the American tabs and you have teams from both with high scores. I would think there would just be a global list. Do they intend to give the top winners in each region the t-cash?
    Tried to read all the info under the ? At yacht club and regatta but only found that the top global winners will be rewarded.
    Heck if they are going to start giving t-cash to different regional winners then it should also be broken down by how many players there are on the team so all different size co-ops have a chance to win!
    Member since July 2015
    Android user
    On level 108
    City name Daffodil City
    Friend code B7EXR6

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    EDIT: Looked at what it says when you try to change your region: "New Regional Settings Are Applied Once The Season Starts." Don't know what to make of that...like once a region is set for a season, it can't be changed until the next one?
    Hi Amoria

    Exactly. Our region is set for a whole season. We can change it but the change will be applied only for the following Season.

    My guest is they do not want co-ops to hop around from one region to another. Does it means that each region will have winners ? I am not sure as it is not clear at all.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

    Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

  5. #5
    Hi Amoria.
    Thanks for responding. My coop was set at America. We are an international coop with members from all over the world. We cover North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. We are pretty evenly split. We are English-speaking. We are on global and America. I just don't see how language could be a factor. There are Russian, Chinese and one other language spoken in at least three top teams in America. Using time zone for the first task? From what race? The race starts for me at 4am EDT in the US. I don't usually take the first task. The first task is usually by someone in Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia. I really would like to know how they choose and why teams who are non-English-speaking are in the America region.
    Thank you
    Debra
    Helpers

  6. #6
    Could it be that the initial region was set according to where the co-op leader is? That is the only thing that would make sense to me. After that anything goes as we can choose the region.

    As for non-english co-ops in America, why not? There are millions of people with another mother tongue in the 3 americas.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

    Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Could it be that the initial region was set according to where the co-op leader is? That is the only thing that would make sense to me. After that anything goes as we can choose the region.
    Oohhh, that seems right. Certainly works for my co-op's region.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

  8. #8
    Thanks again for responding. How does Playrix know where a leader is? Is there someplace we specify where we are? Is there a way they know what time zone we are in and what is that way? And Graylady...good point.
    Thank you
    Debra
    Helpers

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra KD View Post
    Thanks again for responding. How does Playrix know where a leader is? Is there someplace we specify where we are? Is there a way they know what time zone we are in and what is that way?
    When creating a co-op you have to select "Regatta Region". Also Leaders and Co-Leaders can edit co-op features which include the region (not name though!) after the co-op is created.

  10. #10
    Hi Debra

    I am pretty sure they know where we are as they have to keep track of where their players are or, at least, to which server we are connecting to. They need that information to know where on the planet they need their servers or to add some when new players start the game. If they know where we connect, they know our time zone or very close. It all depends on how many servers farm they use and where they are. I know they use one on the east coast.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

    Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •