Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: What Is A Moderator Exactly?

  1. #11
    Hi Talpa

    Not really a cost cutting. Just the most used formula for forums : users helping users. From the very beginning it was clear to me Playrix did not see the potential of the forums. My deception is that they still do not see itn after 3.5 years.

    I agree it would be nice if at least one admin was more involved.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

    Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Talpa

    Not really a cost cutting. Just the most used formula for forums : users helping users. From the very beginning it was clear to me Playrix did not see the potential of the forums. My deception is that they still do not see itn after 3.5 years.

    I agree it would be nice if at least one admin was more involved.
    Fair point Graylady, self help is always a positive. I do feel that there is a greater distance between playrix and their customers these days though.
    Talpa

    iMac exchange coop

    Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 223) A877VE iOS (level 82)

  3. #13
    Talpa: I agree that there is much less involvement by Playrix Admins than there was in the beginning. It is not a good thing at all. Admins really don't get a "feel" for their players needs, desires, and suggestions if they are not regularly, actively involved. Moderators can only do so much in their limited sphere of influence.
    Join Date: June 2014
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

    Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

    Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

  4. #14
    Yeah, it can get rough. I try to do what I can, but as many of you've said -- hands are tied and the forums are undervalued.

    The rapid turnover of admins also contributes to the disconnect. Right when I make a real connection/friendship with one it seems like they're gone and someone new is in place (who are, of course, just as nice and happy to help) -- but it's, you know, starting from scratch and re-introducing what the forum atmosphere is like and what ideas are popular and what the pressing technical issues are, etc. Some stability would help a lot.

    We'll probably never have the level of exchange that was there in the early days but it can definitely be better than what it is now. I hold onto hope for that. Perhaps naively, but that's always been my biggest flaw (sigh).

    --

    _DD_: I'm sorry if I made you worry! My inbox has been a mess. I'll respond to your PM now. <3
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-30-2017 at 05:03 AM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Yeah, it can get rough. I try to do what I can, but as many of you've said -- hands are tied and the forums are undervalued.

    The rapid turnover of admins also contributes to the disconnect. Right when I make a real connection/friendship with one it seems like they're gone and someone new is in place (who are, of course, just as nice and happy to help) -- but it's, you know, starting from scratch and re-introducing what the forum atmosphere is like and what ideas are popular and what the pressing technical issues are, etc. Some stability would help a lot.

    We'll probably never have the level of exchange that was there in the early days but it can definitely be better than what it is now. I hold onto hope for that. Perhaps naively, but that's always been my biggest flaw (sigh).

    I am very impressed with the job you are doing Amoria, you have helped me personally and I am most grateful. I just wish that playrix would empower you more and share information about future developments with the moderators. You are the first line support here and should be given more respect for the hard work you undertake.
    Talpa

    iMac exchange coop

    Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 223) A877VE iOS (level 82)

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoria View Post
    Yeah, it can get rough. I try to do what I can, but as many of you've said -- hands are tied and the forums are undervalued.

    The rapid turnover of admins also contributes to the disconnect. Right when I make a real connection/friendship with one it seems like they're gone and someone new is in place (who are, of course, just as nice and happy to help) -- but it's, you know, starting from scratch and re-introducing what the forum atmosphere is like and what ideas are popular and what the pressing technical issues are, etc. Some stability would help a lot.

    We'll probably never have the level of exchange that was there in the early days but it can definitely be better than what it is now. I hold onto hope for that. Perhaps naively, but that's always been my biggest flaw (sigh).

    --

    _DD_: I'm sorry if I made you worry! My inbox has been a mess. I'll respond to your PM now. <3
    Vee, you are taking the words right out of my mouth. I had applied for the job earlier this year because I thought I would have a closer communication with Playrix and pass player's troubles on to be solved more quickly.

    It became very frustrating with time passing. If I get replies from them at all, it is always after a long time waiting. And I have asked myself more than once if I should continue at all.

    I wonder if there will be an "official" reply to this question here.

    And anyway, to me people like Graylady and DD, not forgetting all the other highly active people, do such a great job helping other players. So after all what am I here for?

    Thomas

    KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  7. #17
    I think your explanations are very helpful Graylady and very important information for those who think about becoming a moderator. Reading the posts of some applicants made me feel, that there is not only a misunderstanding where the job is located (in Game, FB, here...), but also about how many work and responsibilitie comes along with it. Some reasons why I think I'm far far away from being suitable for such a job:

    I'm not a native english spaking person. It's (hopefully) good enough to communicate here, but not good enough to follow every conversation in last detail. Not a good foundation for understanding and answering all the questions brought up here.

    I'm playing on Android. I'm not familiar with township on all the other platforms and wouldn't be able to give profound answers to these questions.

    Being a moderator seems to take a lot of time! Checking the forum every day, answering, responding, moving and merging posts. Even though i'm reading here nearly every day and maybe posting some times, I wouldn't have enough time for doing all the work a moderator dose.

    I hope, everyone who is interested in being a moderator takes a little time asking him- or herself if that job really fits for them. Because at least they're doing that job not for themselves but for the community.

    BTW I want to thank Nevada for doing that job really really great!!
    And although you are not an official moderator any more Graylady, it just feels like you are one, so thanks for all your helpful hints and explanations too
    Towns:
    Summerville, Lvl 107, Android, #NEWFJ6
    Sunnyside , Lvl 66, iOS, #RPM9GN
    Sunshine Valley , Lvl 45, Kindle, #RPM9GN

    **********************

  8. #18
    Does anyone know, why some of my posts appear with huge delay? Wrote something some hours ago and it's still missing
    had this situation several times now, but not standardly.

    Ah, it just appeared (it's the post above that was missing) seems I just have to talk about it
    Last edited by SumSum; 07-13-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    Towns:
    Summerville, Lvl 107, Android, #NEWFJ6
    Sunnyside , Lvl 66, iOS, #RPM9GN
    Sunshine Valley , Lvl 45, Kindle, #RPM9GN

    **********************

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    Does anyone know, why some of my posts appear with huge delay? Wrote something some hours ago and it's still missing
    had this situation several times now, but not standardly.

    Ah, it just appeared (it's the post above that was missing) seems I just have to talk about it
    Hi SumSum, sometimes not always, when posts are a bit longer, or have attachments, & sometimes for no apparent reason,lol
    they trigger the spam bot & go to moderation, meaning Nevada has to check your post before it can appear on the forum

    BTW your English is excellent. I think you would be very capable of being a moderator, but appreciate that it would take to much of your time.
    As a forum member you still contribute a lot anyway, always friendly & helpful.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    when posts are a bit longer, or have attachments, & sometimes for no apparent reason,lol
    they trigger the spam bot & go to moderation, meaning Nevada has to check your post before it can appear on the forum
    Thanks for the explanation Downton! Oh dear, means Nevada has to do additional work because of my posts I apologize for that.

    I'm curious about who will become the new moderator(s) at least. There were several good proposals the last few hours. In my opinion you were one of them Downtown! You just proofed again you've got what it takes to do so
    Towns:
    Summerville, Lvl 107, Android, #NEWFJ6
    Sunnyside , Lvl 66, iOS, #RPM9GN
    Sunshine Valley , Lvl 45, Kindle, #RPM9GN

    **********************

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •