Thread: How To Search This Forum

How To Search This Forum

The vBulletin search function is a bit wonky, so if you've tried searching for help on a specific level, you've probably noticed that it doesn't like when you just put in a level number.

At the moment, there's nothing we can do to make the search more intuitive, but in the meantime, here's two ways to do it:

For both methods, please note that some levels have changed over time as the developers continue to improve the game. Much of the discussion is still relevant, but if it doesn't make sense to you or clearly refers to a new level, feel free to start a new thread!

Advanced Search

1. Click "Advanced Search" - in the upper right hand corner of the page
    2. In double quotation marks, search "Level X", where X is the number you want. You must have the word level in there, and the space is crucial as well. (E.g. "level 715")
    3. If that brings up too many posts, next to the keyword box you can select "Search Titles Only"
    4. You can also restrict it to the Gardenscapes Forums only. To do this, click "Search Single Content Type" (in the upper left), then scroll down to Additional Options and select "Garden Tips and Tricks." You can also select Gardenscapes and check "search child forums" if you want to see all posts about it.

For most levels, #2 should be all that's required, but since it searches all forums, there is potential for Fishdom, Homescapes, and Township posts to show up.

Also, note that this will only work in threads which follow that format. If the poster used odd spacing (E.g. Level322) it will not be found. I am working on going through the forum to standardize titles, but with 20+ pages of posts this may take a while.

Tags - Work in Progress

I am working on tagging all threads with the appropriate level. So, for any thread you can scroll to the bottom and click the tag to find more threads, or alternately copy/paste this link:

https://forum.playrix.com/tags.php?tag=level+715 And replace 715 with the number of your level.

As I said above this is a work in progress - I think I have about half of the old threads tagged so far. Once I've done that, I'll evaluate how time-consuming it is to tag threads vs. the usefulness of tags.

By the way, any user can add two tags to a thread. Just make sure you use this format: Level 715
    You must make sure there is a space, and don't use punctuation!

What if I can't find any advice after searching?

1. Start a New Thread - To make it more likely someone will be able to help, post a screenshot of your level, and describe what you're having trouble with. If you cannot post a screenshot, at least describe the major obstacles.
    2. Review the General Tips Stickies - These have a ton of excellent advice that will help with any level:

Last edited by Honor; 10-09-2017 at 02:18 AM.