Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Why Ruin The Past Regatta Reward System?

Seasonal Regatta Rewards

Ever since they started the seasonal races, our rewards are absolute crap!! We get less rewards. The rewards in the treasure chests are stuff I don't need or care about. Before I was getting jewels, items to upgrade the barn. Now the items are saws, scissors, bricks, and stuff you already get when your train arives. Personally it makes the regatta not worth playing. And we had a choice on what we could have for a reward. Please change this back cause these rewards are awful. Nothing that can help me advance.

Oh my, this week's regatta reward was rotten for me. I got 5 buckets of paint. But I already had 35/30 so I don't really need those?

I'd rather have gotten 5 hammers, which I have 17/30 of.

To add insult to injury the plane just gave me 2 more buckets of paint.

Hullo reward-determining-game-mechanism? Cut me some slack 'kay?

disclaimer: by pressing "Post Quick Reply" I invoke the principle that will allow for a considerable flow of hammers. Let it be so.

I really miss the choices in reward we had. "Random" can be a risky game design mechanism, implement it wrongly and it results in "bad luck" as the dominant player experience. And "bad luck" =/= fun.

My rewards were terrific. The usual bummer chests all had mining tools this time. Yay!

Lol now I know it's been a long time since I bought any T cash. I just got the first offer to watch an ad in a long time.

Haven't spent a penny on this game since 'the change', nor will I until Playrix changes it back.

It really is pretty crappy That Playrix brought back a specific pavement in the zoo that people wanted back, but you sick to your guns on something that 100% of the feedback on says is a really awful idea. I'm baffled why you don't want my money anymore, but, suit yourself I guess.

My cash balance I'd almost gone now. When it's gone, I'm gone.

Yep, i liked having choices too. No sense upsetting your customer base in such a way. Clamping down on choice doesnt help word of mouth advertisment. Loosen your grip so peeps will loosen their purse strings, so to speak. Players may figure a way to hit you in your purse strings if you dont, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Junction View Post
    Yep, i liked having choices too. No sense upsetting your customer base in such a way. Clamping down on choice doesnt help word of mouth advertisment. Loosen your grip so peeps will loosen their purse strings, so to speak. Players may figure a way to hit you in your purse strings if you dont, so to speak.
    Yep, agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I have yet to hear a valid reason why it cannot be put back to the old way...
    oh, Playrix could surprise us with having one...?

which would of course mean they'd have to <gasp> TALK to us!
    lol

Unhappy Regatta Prizes

Having just finished the last regatta I have to say that I'm disappointed with the prizes, a couple of picks, four nails and a couple of hammers - really!!! Is this what I worked for for an entire week. Not exactly an incentive to compete in the regatta, these are items that I can get by filling plane and train crates by just playing the game. I know that Township's only motivation is to get us folk to spend money but at least they could reward us by making the prizes a bit more interesting. Am debating whether or not to take part in the next regatta as I'm finding difficulty in seeing the point. I've seen a lot of comment about reinstating the old system of prizes (before my time so I don't know what that was) but having experienced the new system a reversion to old ways may be preferable to this load of rubbish.https://forum.playrix.com/images/icons/icon9.png

The old system went out with the new Season Style regatta. Now we have up to 9 chests that don't get opened until after the race. Previously up to 12 would open (depending on the number of racing members) and we could choose from 9 chests. We could also choose to pay Tcash to refresh any number of unwanted chests, in the hope of something better. At least this way, when our actual prizes were poo (and they frequently are) we could at least find something worthwhile in the remaining chests. No such luck now!

Like you, I can no longer see the point in spending a whole week working for exactly the same rewards that come by train every 2 hours, so I'm no longer racing.. and I don't miss it.

I too am usually disappointed with the rewards. This week, however, i am much happier. Between the first place prizes and the additional chests i got tcash, booster, much needed timber and gold ingots. The only way it could have been better would be getting gems instead of the other tools i have no use for...
    I think this rare occurance is why i am still racing in the regatta...