Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumping Glitch: Cheating, Fair Play, & Possible Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    You mention being allowed 1 dump for each task taken. There is no such thing.

Every dump (from the board) count toward the penalty. There is no free dump. That is, for honest players. A cheater doing all the dumping until caught in order to increase the leaderboard results for the co-op is just that, a cheater. The co-op is cheating too as that can be done only as a team.
    You are absolutely right. It is not an individual thing. It's an organized co-op cheating. It needs to be fixed.

I know somebody who raced with several different co-ops in the top 10. She left because almost all of them used the double device loophole. The same teams that scored immensely high in this new regatta did so in the old regatta. These are the teams playrix should look into. This is a known problem. Nobody did anything so far... I don't want to assume anything but it is strange that all these top teams are russian teams and it takes awfully long to get it resolved. A lot of us are paying lots of money to play and I can not accept that cheating could be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrike Fieglein View Post
    I know somebody who raced with several different co-ops in the top 10. She left because almost all of them used the double device loophole. The same teams that scored immensely high in this new regatta did so in the old regatta. These are the teams playrix should look into. This is a known problem.
    I totally agree, Playrix have known about this for a long time now and nothing has been resolved. It makes me wonder how committed they are to fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrike Fieglein View Post
    I know somebody who raced with several different co-ops in the top 10. She left because almost all of them used the double device loophole. The same teams that scored immensely high in this new regatta did so in the old regatta. These are the teams playrix should look into. This is a known problem. Nobody did anything so far... I don't want to assume anything but it is strange that all these top teams are russian teams and it takes awfully long to get it resolved. A lot of us are paying lots of money to play and I can not accept that cheating could be tolerated.
    Same here. I wish Playrix can take it seriously now since more players are aware of it. It used to be a secret among some leading Russian groups but not anymore. The existence of this glitch is making all the efforts done by honest players to minimize their dumping penalties meaningless. The upgrades, boosters, willingness to do hard, time consuming tasks, becomes nothing. A co-op will never get to GLB top 3 by competing to cheaters.
    Last edited by spaghettiy; 08-29-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Totally agree! Our co-op work hard to reduce the deletion number of the tasks in every way, while other teams cheat and decide use the loopholes in the game. Therefore, we will never catch up with them. We know this loophole as well but we decide not to use it, because we feel that this game would be meaningless without honest players . I hope that Playrix will make an effort to fix this loophole as soon as possible and create a fair gaming environment for us. Otherwise it will lose a lot of honest players.

The first thing Playrix should do is to let us know definitively whether or not taking advantage of this glitch is considered by them to be cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Donaldson View Post
    The first thing Playrix should do is to let us know definitively whether or not taking advantage of this glitch is considered by them to be cheating.
    Absolutely, it is no good spending energy worrying about this if Playrix thinks it's "fair play".

If they consider it cheating but there's no way to "fix" the glitch so it won't happen then they should re-do the formulas to remove the "dumping penalty" from the scoring. If minimizing dumping has no effect on the ranking (and therefore the prizes) the "glitch" will fall into disuse.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea on how to change the formulas but I do know that if "Finding the Best Team" is the goal of the ranking process, "finding a loophole" is not a good metric. Also, I am of the opinion that biasing the result with a "Co-Op Size Bonus" doesn't seem like a good metric either.

Of course, any ranking system is bound to please some people and annoy others. When it was just for "bragging rights" in the Golden Leaderboard, those of us who didn't give a carp about the rankings didn't care. Now that it's used to determine t-cash rewards, more people will care and more will be annoyed with whatever system is deemed to be "fair".

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Absolutely, it is no good spending energy worrying about this if Playrix thinks it's "fair play".

If they consider it cheating but there's no way to "fix" the glitch so it won't happen then they should re-do the formulas to remove the "dumping penalty" from the scoring. If minimizing dumping has no effect on the ranking (and therefore the prizes) the "glitch" will fall into disuse.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea on how to change the formulas but I do know that if "Finding the Best Team" is the goal of the ranking process, "finding a loophole" is not a good metric. Also, I am of the opinion that biasing the result with a "Co-Op Size Bonus" doesn't seem like a good metric either.

Of course, any ranking system is bound to please some people and annoy others. When it was just for "bragging rights" in the Golden Leaderboard, those of us who didn't give a carp about the rankings didn't care. Now that it's used to determine t-cash rewards, more people will care and more will be annoyed with whatever system is deemed to be "fair".
    I'm curious to know why you're against the Co-op Size Bonus. It's much more difficult to get a "perfect game" out of one or a handful of players than 20+... it requires an incredible amount of communication and coordination, not to mention weeding out the less dedicated. The rest of your points make perfect sense to me, so I'm wondering if my bias is causing me to miss why this tweak to the algorithms is unfair?
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

Quote Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
    I'm curious to know why you're against the Co-op Size Bonus. It's much more difficult to get a "perfect game" out of one or a handful of players than 20+... it requires an incredible amount of communication and coordination, not to mention weeding out the less dedicated. The rest of your points make perfect sense to me, so I'm wondering if my bias is causing me to miss why this tweak to the algorithms is unfair?
    The old Leaderboard's goal was, presumably, to *recognize* the top team(s). So, people yelled "unfair" that smaller co-ops dominated the board so they tweaked the scoring to add a "size bias". Fine.

The new Top Team's goal is, presumably, to *reward* the best co-ops. Now there's a real prize associated and the fact that the bias already starts with the "Bigger is Better" premise, I'm just getting ready for a whole new round of people whose small co-ops won't get 30T-Cash yelling about it being unfair.

Like I said, I don't know how to come with a formula that works for everybody, or even what metrics you'd use to mathematically determine "Top Co-op". All I'm saying is that "tweaks" to add / subtract points based on arbitrary ideas isn't it. "Least Dumps" (aka best use of loopholes) or "Most Participants" seems totally arbitrary to me. It's like having a formula that uses "Points scored on a Tuesday (UTC)" to rank teams.

"Position Bonus" makes sense to me as it says "How a team performs versus equalized competitors", at least that can be applied across all sizes equally. Similarly, "Percent of available points scored" is a measure that could be used, of course all the top teams would be 100%. Another measure (or penalty) could be "Biggest Spenders" (tallying only t-cash spend on speed ups for production, ships, plains, trains, or task refreshes).

Or maybe you don't try to put a million co-ops into a single bucket. Use some sort of "tiered" system. Multiple reward groups, say over 25, 18-24, 9-17, 8 and smaller. Something like that, anything but a "fudge factor" (old computer programmer term ).

Anyway, I don't know if this answers you question, I'm just saying that the "size bonus" tweak felt wrong to me when they added it originally but I didn't care about the bragging-board. And it still feels wrong now that it's used to actually determine real rewards.

Wouldn't hurt to add "intentionally exploiting a glitch" to the fair play policy.

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...ay-policy&l=en

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Donaldson View Post