Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Dumping Glitch: Cheating, Fair Play, & Possible Fix

Fix is simple and has already be partially stated. 1. Count tasks made available not tasks dumped. 2. Eliminate mystery tasks.

Wow, well at least we have an official answer. I will definitely not spend money on tcash until the possible fix is out. Why waste money on the game if other top teams freely use the "magical" glitch to win and finish quickly with extremely low dumps. The top teams gloriously laugh about exploiting this game and other clueless teams and players who don't take advantage of this loophole. Fingers crossed the update fixes it and we can all see what playing fairly feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Well they say that they are trying to implement a fix.

In other games I've played, the servers have automatically picked up the game being opened on a second device. I've had messages such as 'please choose which device you want to play on' or 'please wait a few minutes while our servers update your game'. In both scenarios, the servers would update the game by either launching the loading screen or closing the game. Either way, there was no way for a player to manipulate the game.
    Your first sentence wouldn't have cheered me up or convinced me. ;-)
    But the 2nd part of your post does. OK, a little bit of hope then.

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettiy View Post
    I got a reply from CS in game. Sadly using the glitch is NOT considered cheating. It is fair play. And for those who had kept our ways not using it? We are just stupid...
    Attachment 13263
    Attachment 13270
    This response is astonishing, does Playix really understand fair play?

Sadly it appears that Playrix CS haven't grasped the actual problem here. They are obviously responding as they would to a player who made a complaint about losing a task due to lack of synchronization between their 2 devices. They haven't understood the key issue made on this thread regarding using this perceived "problem" to maximise a co-op's score.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I am going to be contrary and say it is "fair play." Over the years there have been many glitches in areas of Township which players were able to exploit to their advantage. No cheating involved, just a fluke really, where players who had the glitch could get a bit of an upper hand. Was it unfair to those who didn't have the glitch - of course, but those who had it were not playing unfairly.

Playrix seems to have acknowledged there is a glitch and have said they are working on a solution to eliminate it.
    I agree with Nana. There were "glitches" in the past that were eventually fixed. Ones that come to mind are lucky clovers and barn size. I am sure that there have been others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I am going to be contrary and say it is "fair play." Over the years there have been many glitches in areas of Township which players were able to exploit to their advantage. No cheating involved, just a fluke really, where players who had the glitch could get a bit of an upper hand. Was it unfair to those who didn't have the glitch - of course, but those who had it were not playing unfairly.
    I can't agree with this comment. Many games include not exploiting glitches in their conditions of play and monitor and ban players that do.

I wish all who have been following this thread saw what I posted. I did that because I think you all deserve to know. I appreciate all your replies and concerns. I erased that post to avoid more chaos since Playrix IS working on fixing the issue and hopefully they can achieve that goal soon. I still have trust in this game and I urge you to do the same. And this glitch is surely not something I can take pride in spreading.

Now I wish you can understand how furious and desperate I was when we were competing with the other co-op. We knew it but we stayed honest, well, or "not playing by hidden rules".

Now that the answer is given. Please have peace and wait for the update.

Again, thank you all.

Mitown(米汤), Lv 72
    Leader of 山二王
    #15 GLB
    Last edited by spaghettiy; 09-06-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Unfortunately I could not read your attachments spaghetti.

Don't believe in magic, don't believe in cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Town View Post
    I can't agree with this comment. Many games include not exploiting glitches in their conditions of play and monitor and ban players that do.
    I don't agree either.

Indeed I find it amazing that the very fact that this behaviour is not yet, or perhaps never going to be identified as a bannable offence would have the rest of us fumbling around thinking that since Playrix support is too dim witted to identify it as cheating, then the rest of us might as well start accepting it as fair play.

It's a big reach to say that since an action isn't explicitly identified as wrong, that it's therefore alright or within the bounds of fair play. For now though anyone who cares more about climbing the Golden Leaderboard than personal ethics might as well take advantage of the exploit. That said, I think it's going too far to think of it as akin to the too many clovers glitch or other programming errors that might have given only some players an in game advantage. For one thing, those glitches were random as far as I know and not the result of intentional manipulations on the part of players. They also mostly occurred in the non competitive setting of growing your little town for its own sake. Some people had an easier time of it, well yippee for them. This is different.

The point I am labouring to make is that calling intentionslly using another device to give yourself and your team an unfair advantage in competition a 'glitch' or an 'exploit' conceals the fact that it is playing against the rules.

The regatta rules are that each player gets a maximum of 16 tasks, that if one of these should fail or be dumped in progress it counts as zero points, and no replacement tasks are available. The savvy geniuses using more than one device to circumvent these rules are 'cheating' because that's what we call it when people are not playing by the rules.

This basic fact isn't changed because the ability to get away with it relies on Playrix' oversight or slow servers. And it certainly doesn't represent fair play just because Playrix doesn't know well enough to say so or hasn't gotten around to saying so yet.

So, each to her/his own...
    If you feel stupid being the one playing by the rules when your opponents aren't (or might not be), that's between you and your conscience. But there's no reason to actually be as stupid as Playrix is being and label it fair play.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Mood: dismayed