Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Mystery Tasks Always Complete-able?

Are Mystery Tasks Always Complete-able?

Hi everyone!

The new mystery tasks are super risky in that you can get something super easy (planting carrots, sugarcane, cotton, etc. imo) or something totally ridiculous (like ships or wallpaper).

The mystery tasks have thrown us off BIG TIME. Since a majority of the tasks that now show up are island or mystery tasks and since my racing team is small (5-6 members), It's becoming very impossible to delete the mystery tasks and still be able to finish.

Currently we have one member who has 4 more tasks she needs to complete but the only things showing up on the board are long ship or produce tasks. She can't even pick up one of the mystery tasks now because she's worried she'll get something like ships (in which case she won't be able to complete her other tasks due to the lack of time)

My question is: Are the tasks always complete-able? Meaning in the last 24 hrs of a race is it possible to get a mystery task like ships which take quite a long time or wallpaper? I know it's a bit too early for a definite answer, but has anyone gotten a task that has been impossible to complete, time wise? Also do you guys have any suggestions to what she can do to finish?

Any suggestions are helpful!
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-29-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Town Name: Lazyville
    Co-op: The Golden Yacht Club
    Level: 90, iPad/iPhone (iOS)

Gardenscapes Level: 1012

I am afraid you will have to dump a lot of tasks and all of the mystery ones to help her get tasks she has a chance of doing quick.

As it is our first race with these mystery tasks, we do not have experience yet on how the devs choose the last day tasks. But she could well get a task that would be doable but leaving her with no time left for more tasks.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I would not expect the mystery tasks to change just because it's getting close to the finish.

Unfortunately that's what we've been thinking too. I mean, even with regular regattas, we've seen tacos, rubber, and silk popup in the final hours so I doubt those mystery tasks will only be completable tasks In the past hour we've been slightly lucky, getting a 135 hol and 135 fuel, but that still leaves 2 more tasks that she needs...currently she's doing zoo, but her items haven been too forgiving It'll probably be our first time not coming in top 3 which kinda sucks...
    Town Name: Lazyville
    Co-op: The Golden Yacht Club
    Level: 90, iPad/iPhone (iOS)

Gardenscapes Level: 1012

I noticed that the mystery tasks are easier than the regular ones. I.e. if you get a 135 ship task from mystery, you only need to do 3 ships. I also got a sweater task, and it was at least 1 less than usual.

I've heard of players getting a mystery task for production of an item that they do NOT have the factory to make the item! Wouldn't THAT be horrible!?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Lundgren View Post
    I've heard of players getting a mystery task for production of an item that they do NOT have the factory to make the item! Wouldn't THAT be horrible!?
    As far as I've seen it was always a factory they COULD have at their level.
    Although it doesn't seem to happen to everyone, this is something the game does in other places as well, f.e. planes and heli orders.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    As far as I've seen it was always a factory they COULD have at their level.
    Although it doesn't seem to happen to everyone, this is something the game does in other places as well, f.e. planes and heli orders.
    Yes, Agreed. and I think they should keep it that way. Otherwise, people may stop building factories and the mystery task would always be an easy task for them.

The one time I chose a mystery task, I was required to play 5 times at the House of Luck. This was easy for me as I save up my clovers hoping to get this task. It was an easy 135 points. Hope this helps.

I love the mystery tasks! In most cases they are easier than the regular ones; except for the popsicle. I got it twice in a row and 9 popsicles x 1.5 hours is too long. Please either remove it, or make it 7 to make. But overall, I prefer the mystery tasks.