Thread: What Happens When I Dump A Task?

What Happens When I Dump A Task?

Am a newbie to the game and only do the regatta tasks I know I can finish, what happens if I start a task and have to dump it? Are there penalties for this? Do you get some sort of award for trying or not? Thanks in advance

The only penalty is that you don't get any points for the task you didn't finish and you don't get to do another task to replace it, so your possible total score is lower. And no bonuses for trying.

Also, as a rule, don't dump. If you clickeed on a task in error or RL interferes, at least keep trying until you run out of time. Also, let your coop know of your problem, maybe one of them can figure out a way to help. I know ours was able to help a member finish a production task because her holdup was one of the items the factory used to produce the item. We supplied that item and then she was able to finish in time. (We couldn't just supply the finished product, that she had to make herself.)
    Town: Starshine The Original
    Game level 120 1/17/17
    Zoo level 27 1/17/17
    Coop: Regatta Dabblers for people serious about helping but not about the Regatta!
    Android phone
    I welcome new Facebook friends, send your request to Starshine String and be sure to PM me here

To clarify the situation a bit, since you are new to the game. And since you are also new to the forum, you might come across people saying that they dumped hundreds of tasks during one regatta.

There are two types of "dumping":

1. When you started working on a task, pressed "start", but you can't/don't want to finish it. That, as Starshine mentioned, will count to your total amount of tasks you can complete during that regatta. If you initially have 15 tasks, and dump one, you end up with 14, without any chance to take it back.

2. In a co-op there are Leaders, Co-Leaders, Elders and Members. The Leaders, Co-Leaders and Elders can remove tasks from the task board without having to choose to start it. There is no limit on how many tasks you can dump this way, and it doesn't affect your total number of tasks. Usually this is done to clear the board from low-point, or too long tasks. The number of tasks dumped this way affects the score only if you are on the Leaderboard.

Hope that helps!

Oh, good point, dreadnought. It didn't even occur to me she might be talking about tasks being dumped from the coop list rather than after being chosen.
    Town: Starshine The Original
    Game level 120 1/17/17
    Zoo level 27 1/17/17
    Coop: Regatta Dabblers for people serious about helping but not about the Regatta!
    Android phone
    I welcome new Facebook friends, send your request to Starshine String and be sure to PM me here

If the co-op is in golden league, and leaders or co-leaders "discard" a task, will points for discarded tasks go as a penalty against the team?

Clarification on Discarding Tasks in Golden League

If a leader or co-leader "discard" tasks during a regatta in golden league, does this go against the team with points deducted at the end of the regatta?

Quote Originally Posted by DBS View Post
    If the co-op is in golden league, and leaders or co-leaders "discard" a task, will points for discarded tasks go as a penalty against the team?
    Dump penalty only affects the leaderboard score, it doesn't affect the score of the race. If your co-op doesn't care about the leaderboard, dump all you can.

we have a team that like a family we have raced in what is now our 5th regatta together .2nd wooden,1st in broonze,1st in steal,1st in silver and now were winding down in first in golden,
    however weve been together since level 19- as i am a leader but i consider myself eaual as a co-leader like the team. a question i know but i need to be 100 precedent before i go back with the answer, that is this we have 15 tasks each a c-l dumped a task she has to wait 15 min before she can take another ione dumping tasks just put a town behind which affects the coops stats am i correct
    as well we are down to 27 towns if u want to be apart of a close team and can do at least 2 -3 tasks but helping us is a must then send us a request its here new4uy

Hi I am Slim the cow that grooves I have been sent by my farmer to ask you all if you like to see my town we even have a new co-op we ar really busy and the mayor really could use help ,like every one here, so I have a bar code in case I stray and guess what the co-op has a tag to and they are the same isn't that just groovy, so what yah waiting for here it is # NEW4UY -new4uy , come on lets get our groove going cause I can dance to, oh no I hear the farmer he needs my milk