Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Gem Adjustment For Zoo

Need Gem Adjustment For Zoo

Thank you Playrix for adjusting the enclosure materials for the Zoo. It made for a much more pleasant playing experience.

Now, how about adjusting the exhorbitant gem requirements? The only "sure" way to get gems is with the sending of a fully filled plane. All other gems are pretty scarce and found mostly by luck in other game venues.

I have not used gems for Boosters. I hoard every gem I get. Here is where I currently stand:

(Cranes, snow monkeys, porcupines all have no babies. Fennec Family I am just now working on beginning today.)

Topaz: have 58, need 107, shortfall currently 49
    Emerald: have 26, need 100, shortfall currently 74
    Ruby: have 1, need 71, shortfall currently 70
    Amethyst: have 1, need 124, shortfall currently 123 (this is a severe & critical shortfall)

TOTAL GEM SHORTFALL TODAY: 316

Either provide more sources of gems on a regular basis, or consider reducing the Zoo requirements, please. Amethysts need attention, especially.

Please note also, that Aurelio is not very helpful with these large shortfalls. Note too, in my game he mostly wants to BUY gems rather than TRADE. Pretty worthless.

I agree. Aurelio has only "bought" gems at this point. Why not add more gems to the mine? As with everything else the zoo keeps going up in costs. Making it a more reasonable amount but still doable will help players want to continue playing. I stopped using the zoo for a while until I had mass quantity of gems and materials. Have a long way to go to get where Nana is presently.

The zoo needs all the help it can get, in my opinion. My entire co op chooses to virtually ignore it. It is too slow to level up, far, far too costly for new animals as Nana says, and the pattern of progress is the opposite of your town - instead of desperately needing expansions to make space for buildings, we're all desperate for buildings to fill the space we have! In my opinion, gems ought to be much more available generally. It would increase the popularity of the ailing zoo, and having enough of them that we could sometimes spend them on boosters instead would make those mystery tasks a whole lot less terrifying too..

I've gotten the Zoo Booster to pay for itself several times. In fact, I usually end up gaining a few extra gems on top of the gems used for the booster. Once over two boosters (4 days) I got enough extra gems to pay for a third one as well. And I had to sell timber because I had way too much.

Of course it depends on your products and how much time you can spend babysitting the zoo, so I don't want to promise results for you, but it's worth considering!

To your larger point though... Yikes. Even the booster will take a long time to make up those shortfalls.

I just had an idea... what if Aurelio was in the market instead of the heli orders, and he refreshed with the market? Meaning you would be guaranteed an offer from him every six hours. Maybe Ernie could be there too to trade building supplies...
    Last edited by Honor; 08-31-2017 at 02:50 AM.

I'm not using any boosters and I've been fairly actively levelling my Zoo (lvl 50 township with (in 30 mins from now) lvl 12 Zoo) ever since I could open it. And I've been saving up gems rather than running short ever since. Which indicates to me that, at least until lvl 12, the income in gems more than outweighs the cost for new animals.

But you don't use any boosters as well Nana, and you're running short in gems. Looks like trouble may be on the far horizon for me. It'll be a while before I need to think about Fennecs though.

Hopefully Playrix sees fit to adjust this. Withholding the use of boosters is a big enough sacrifice as is, and it should be rewarded by little to no hindrance in animal breeding for the Zoo, imho.

Hi Vuurvl: I was able to easily keep pace with the gems and have carryover gems for the next enclosure until about 2/3 of the way up the levels.

That stopped when I got to the Cranes and has continually worsened from there. I fill almost all planes and have declined 2 or 3 in all this time (about 2 months). I find gems in the Mine, usually Topaz. I rarely get one from the HOL. Hardly ever get them from the Zoo itself - for 2 days now all the Zoo gives is gray tape, every basket, every kiosk.

On Cobalt's advice some month's ago, I tried the theory of buying the booster and it would return the gems in the Zoo. The first time, I got back all but 1 gem. The next time I tried, I only got 1 gem back. Pffft. There is no magic solution. So today looking at my inventory, I am 7,500 hearts away from finishing this level and am short 7 Amethysts (need 22) for just the parents. I have had it, quite frankly. So I bit the bullet and bought the booster. I also bought the Labor Day Sale of TCash. If I have to, I will buy the damned Amethysts to at least get both Fennec parents.

The Zoo can be a charming place to visit and decorate, but it is a dismal place to grow and build. Obviously, Playrix finally noticed this when they lowered the ridiculous building material requirements with this recent update. My hope is they will now recognize the equally ridiculous gem requirements they are demanding of players and providing very limited resources to obtain the gems.

All in all, the Zoo was very poorly thought out playing wise from the get go and they have been very slow to recognize that fact.

Sounds like I need to build up a HUGE supply of gems before I ever even try to open my zoo. I figure I will someday but not until every last thing in my town is fully upgraded and I expanded as far as the town can. I currently only have a bit over 200 of each and it sounds like I may need ten times that many. Oh well, someday.

It would also help if the zoo boxes rewarded zoo-specific building items only like timber, garden shears, gems, etc. Items that we can't get from the trains. It's a waste of products and time filling zoo boxes to get a can of paint, a pickaxe, or a single brick.

Peggy, the early to half-way Zoo building goes pretty smoothly gem-wise. However, when you approach the final third, the gems decrease and the demand increases. Another up yours from Playrix Developers. Ha Ha - sob!

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I've gotten the Zoo Booster to pay for itself several times. In fact, I usually end up gaining a few extra gems on top of the gems used for the booster. Once over two boosters (4 days) I got enough extra gems to pay for a third one as well. And I had to sell timber because I had way too much.

Of course it depends on your products and how much time you can spend babysitting the zoo, so I don't want to promise results for you, but it's worth considering!

To your larger point though... Yikes. Even the booster will take a long time to make up those shortfalls.

I just had an idea... what if Aurelio was in the market instead of the heli orders, and he refreshed with the market? Meaning you would be guaranteed an offer from him every six hours. Maybe Ernie could be there too to trade building supplies...
    Honor, what you said makes perfect sense "how much time you spend babysitting the zoo". Nana's problem with the zoo booster is she is still in the workforce and cannot turn the zoo to get the full benefit of the zoo booster. I found that to recoup all of your gems from the zoo boost it was a sum of: 1. zoo shops; 2. the mine; 3. HOL; 4. Jets. If you played heavy it would be as you said, and you would be plus a few gems.

Oh, by the way, they made a good choice for Moderator :-)