Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Close A Co-op?

Help please

Does anyone know if I close my Co op to start a new one does it mean I can no longer race in the Treasure Hunt Season? More specifically if we have already completed one race of the treasure hunt is this lost if I close the co op, and most importantly will I be able to take part in the second Treasure hunt?

Top, is there an option for you as a leader to set the co-op as visible to the public, but players have to apply or make a request to you or the other appointed members(that already are on board to not accept the kicked/banned player) before you accept them ? Also, is there an option for you to block contact with a specific player? That is how a couple of my other games coops work.... and you may keep your well known and beloved name.. just lobbing out the idea... Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Town View Post
    Podunk the issue I have is that I want to rename the co op as I have an ex member who keeps trying to rejoin the group who nobody wants there. I also want the coop to be open but this player is making it very difficult for us to do that by constantly trying to rejoin so I figured if I just rename the co op then they cant find it. My fantastic current team will be coming with me to the new co op so no issues there. You are welcome to join us but we do send out motivational messages and important info so if that's not your cup of tea I understand!

On a separate note does anyone know if we do close the co op will we be able to continue racing in the Treasure Hunt season or will we have to wait for it to finish before rejoining? We are currently in the Gold League but are aware that we will have to start from the bottom again.
    Be aware that if the player you are trying to stop from joining is on any of the other peoples friend list, or if one of your co-op members has helped them recently and is on their last helper tab, they will be able to find your new co-op.

If they are not super high level, you could change the level requirement so that they can't join. Or change the co-op to "join by request" for a while.

Surely they must get bored eventually and move on... Might be worth sticking it out for a while longer, rather than going through the hassle of starting all over again.

Thank you both but they repeatedly request to rejoin and we currently have the co op set to request only hence why I need to close it. I am aware that if they are friends with any member they will be able to find it again so I will make sure all other members know too thank you.

Sorry for being judgemental. My co-op just did that. The leader set the co-op to closed and made sure every member was a friend. Then she left and started the new one and sent everyone an invitation. I suggest you set the new one to closed until you at least get to silver league. We were inundated with people joining who wouldn't respond to greetings and didn't help. She kicked out all the non-helping ones and closed the co-op. Make sure no one is a friend to the one you want to leave behind and no one has helped him for at least a week before you go, otherwise it's all for nothing.
    And I wish you the best of luck. About the treasure hunt, I'm not sure about this one, but be aware that in the wooden league you can only do 8 tasks total. That cuts back on the points you can get.
    Last edited by Podunk; 08-27-2017 at 04:11 PM.

No problem Podunk Thanks for your advice

When Happens When I Close A Co-op Mid-Season?

Can anyone answer what happens if I close a co op mid season please? Are we able to race in the Treasure Hunt If we start a new co op?

I am sure you will be able to participate as new co-op are created every week as new players reach the necessary level. Just be aware you will not have access to all the decorations as they are related to the League level. As an exemple, the tavern is only available in the Gold league.

You could always wait for the seasonal regatas break to make your move. You will have 1 week to do it before the next seasonal themed regatas.

Thank you Greylady I appreciate your advice

Quote Originally Posted by Top Town View Post
    On a separate note does anyone know if we do close the co op will we be able to continue racing in the Treasure Hunt season or will we have to wait for it to finish before rejoining? We are currently in the Gold League but are aware that we will have to start from the bottom again.
    As I understand it the treasure hunt season is for co ops that were previously on the global leaderboard and unless you have a full co op, taking all tasks and carefully managing dumped tasks you will not get into the top 20. For everyone else the regatta works basically the same as before. You will keep your yacht club tokens if you move co ops