Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Close A Co-op?

How Do You Close A Co-op?

Hi Can anyone tell me how to close my co op so I can start a new one? Thanks

Easy Peasy...

If you are the Leader, just go to the regatta building and hit the "Leave" button. After that, maybe with a time delay, you'll be able to create a new one.

If there are other people in the old co-op, they will stay and one of them will become the new leader. If you care who it is, you can promote them to leader before you leave.

If you want to totally destroy the old co-op so that nothing of it remains, kick out everyone else before you leave.

That's all there is to it.

CDOSR thank you so much for your help. I am the leader so I can just boot the lot and start again! Sounds great thanks!

Just thought if I boot everyone and leave myself can I make a new co op or will it still think I have a co op?

Hi Top. If you stay you must continue under the same Co-Op name, but you can edit the other requirements. If you leave, you can start a brand new Co-Op with a new name.

Thank you Nana

If you want to start fresh with a new co-op, why do you want to boot everyone out of the old one? If you want to keep your old one, set new rules and enforce them by selective booting. I've been in five co-ops looking for a keeper and the leader sets the tone of the co-op or allows someone else do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Podunk View Post
    If you want to start fresh with a new co-op, why do you want to boot everyone out of the old one? If you want to keep your old one, set new rules and enforce them by selective booting. I've been in five co-ops looking for a keeper and the leader sets the tone of the co-op or allows someone else do it.
    Five coops looking for a keeper! That makes me way curious of how leaders "keep" their coop. I have been leader since Coop existed, 13/30 and although we had a couple leave, a couple booted due to incompatibility and a few kicked due to non activity... and a couple brought back because they were not really inactive... maybe start a new thread, "How do you keep your coop?"

By "keeper" I meant one I wanted to stay with. One the leader seem to let others make decisions. One tried to do it all and be on about 20 hours a day. One was a control freak who sent out daily "motivational messages". But it's the leader that sets the tone of the co-op and each co-op worked for the people in them.
    The point I was trying to make was starting a new co-op won't fix the problem Top Town has. It will just start it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Podunk View Post
    By "keeper" I meant one I wanted to stay with. One the leader seem to let others make decisions. One tried to do it all and be on about 20 hours a day. One was a control freak who sent out daily "motivational messages". But it's the leader that sets the tone of the co-op and each co-op worked for the people in them.
    The point I was trying to make was starting a new co-op won't fix the problem Top Town has. It will just start it all over again.
    Podunk the issue I have is that I want to rename the co op as I have an ex member who keeps trying to rejoin the group who nobody wants there. I also want the coop to be open but this player is making it very difficult for us to do that by constantly trying to rejoin so I figured if I just rename the co op then they cant find it. My fantastic current team will be coming with me to the new co op so no issues there. You are welcome to join us but we do send out motivational messages and important info so if that's not your cup of tea I understand!

On a separate note does anyone know if we do close the co op will we be able to continue racing in the Treasure Hunt season or will we have to wait for it to finish before rejoining? We are currently in the Gold League but are aware that we will have to start from the bottom again.