Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Regatta: Post Mystery ' ? ' Tasks Here

The mystery tasks requirements are less than regular tasks. For instance this week I have only gotten 1 so far, my co-op LOVES them! Turned out to be plane x3 for 135 vs regular task plane x3 117! Last week I did a zoo and the number of hot items was a descent amount less.. Possibly equal to a reg. Lower point Zoo task with less hot items. Sorry I don't recall.

Just took another mystery task 7 coats - 21 hrs 59 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars999 View Post
    Just took another mystery task 7 coats - 21 hrs 59 minutes.
    Thank you for the info Mars999.

Share Web Link : http://bit.ly/2irzeTz Share Form Link : http://bit.ly/2wh0o4x

Hi Busy Bee

Maybe you could delete or move the 3 special tasks from the past event? They are gone and may cause confusion, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Busy Bee

Maybe you could delete or move the 3 special tasks from the past event? They are gone and may cause confusion, maybe
    I am on it. Thanks

New regatta tasks

We are talking about NOT doing regatta anymore. I just took a ? task. 135 points for 7 wrapping paper. I have none made and had started 6 paper. So for me that's 6½ hours before I start to make wrapping paper. The time on my wrapping paper is 2 hours 33 minutes each. So 17½ hours for that equals 24 hours for 1 task. We have been a gold team and a jovial, fun loving team, but we haven't laughed or had a good time since the new tasks started. I consider myself a pretty good team leader, but I can't tell my team that there is anything good in the new tasks. So, what do we do now? Quit regatta that we used to love or quit playing all together? I just know that we need help to form the correct answer. Thank you.

I have changed my mind about the mystery tasks. I think they are horrible. Those brave enough to choose it often get stuck with tasks that take over 12 hours. Those teams that cannot accelerate the task are really stuck, while those that can sail happily onward. I say, dump every mystery task you have. And don't worry about it; everyone is doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Galloway View Post
    I have changed my mind about the mystery tasks. I think they are horrible. Those brave enough to choose it often get stuck with tasks that take over 12 hours. Those teams that cannot accelerate the task are really stuck, while those that can sail happily onward. I say, dump every mystery task you have. And don't worry about it; everyone is doing the same.
    I still love them, though so far of the 8 I have done, 5 were not exactly happy surprises of fast tasks. I really think they are best suited to very high level players who use the dealer, and have time to allow for adjustments in planning. I also suggest you only select them when you are truly ready for anything, such as a full plane on standby, boats in port, zoo hots assembled, fields not plugged solid and so on. Even then, you might get a task you were not exactly prepared for, but really I think that is part of the fun, the chance to throw even a master racer off track. That, rather than choosing the tasks themselves might make it easier for less prepared racers to place higher in the standings.
    Let's face it, the regattas for some people were getting to be pretty routine. Prep this, prep that, count on this, count on that, finish in first, collect rewards week after week after week after week. Then start preparing to do it again. Now even they have at least one element where they're not sure what to expect.
    It's fun. If actually doing the tasks is not fun for you, or too risky at least some of the time, don't choose them. It's simple.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Level: 112
    Zoo: 40

A member of my co-op received a mystery task to send 2 (two) planes giving 135 points and 25 tokens. Time limit - end of race.

Quote Originally Posted by AvovA View Post
    A member of my co-op received a mystery task to send 2 (two) planes giving 135 points and 25 tokens. Time limit - end of race.
    Thank you for the conformation AvovA.