Thread: Issue with Forum search

Issue with Forum search

This is about the forum, not about Gardenscapes per se, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. The search function doesn't seem to allow users to search on a string eg I enter the text 'Level 340' in the search field, then select Gardenscapes forum and title only to refine the search and it brings back every entry that includes the word 'level'!! What I expect is that it would bring back only those posts that include in the title, the complete string that I have specified
    The search results are less than helpful as I have to wade through hundreds of entries trying to find the one I want. If there is a better way to do this, then it's not intuitive and is not industry standard.
    Can you do something about this. I'm sure other users must be just as frustrated with this as I am.
    Thanks!

Hi SqueakerD

I agree with you the search engine on the forums is not terrible. To do a search on specifice level put it between quote marks "level 340" should help narrow the list down.

Hi SqueakerD, welcome to the Forum!

I will pass this on to the admins, but I don't know that they'll be able to do anything about it as this is a vBulletin issue.

For now, as Graylady said, quotation marks are your friend. I agree though that it's not intuitive.

(As an aside, I'm also slowly going through old threads to standardize the titles so that search will have useful results)

For now, if you don't see a useful thread for the level you want, go ahead and start a new one.

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I too am not sure we'll be able to work something out here, but I'll inform the devs about your request Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the feedback. I had tried single quotes as in 'level 357', but not double quotes as in "level 357". Works fine using double quotes, so thanks!! Having said that, single quotes are industry-standard for an exact match in a search string, not double quotes. Figure this forum software could be better?

Can anyone tell me how to get tech difficulty this the lousy site u can't go any where for help and I cant play any more till I can get some help

Delores, are you asking for help with your game or with the forum? If its a game, you need to go to the help and settings cog in game and report any problems you have there.