Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding Stars Or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Puckett View Post
    You don't have to progress the garden to continue playing the match 3 game.
    Really? How have a gotten to level 761 and not known that!?!?!

I'm sitting on a TON of stars right now. I'm trying to see if I have the willpower to not use them until I've finished all levels.

(I know, it's pretty crazy).

OK, after i collected 60 stars, i thought it's enough for one day, so i started completing tasks.

It was not as fun as hoped it to be, i had a lot of tasks that required 2h - 4h30m wait time, so i couldn't finish the day in one go.. But there was an upside to this - while i was waiting for things to get done (didn't want to use precious coins to speed things up), i kept playing and when i finally finished the day, i still had almost 40 stars waiting for the next day. Now i can complete tasks as they come, and i don't get frustrated if i get stuck on a level for a day or two, i can still proceed with the garden, and while the long tasks are completed, i keep collecting stars (which made me wonder - was that the intended way to play the game all along?? )

So for now, i won't hold on to stars if i have them, i will go back at using them as they are available.

It was an interesting experiment, not the results i expected, but great will power exercise to not use the stars until i had 60!

I could only get up to 20 stars before giving in to temptation. It was when I started spending that I noticed...
    Austin wastes a truckload of stars doing random stuff that is irrelevant to the progress of the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Mage View Post
    Austin wastes a truckload of stars doing random stuff that is irrelevant to the progress of the garden.
    Couldn't agree more! For me it's even more frustrating to spend 3-6 stars to complete a task, like building the pier, and then having the next task to be fixing the pier again because beavers broke it!

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I'm sitting on a TON of stars right now. I'm trying to see if I have the willpower to not use them until I've finished all levels.

(I know, it's pretty crazy).
    Honor, did you manage to collect ALL stars?
    Or did you give into temptation and spend some/all of them?

Started Oriental / Chinese area day 2 with 93 stars and finish it with 23 stars left. Cost 70 stars for a day, thats 3 weeks of playing lol

Yes, often I play this way and am hoarding stars, the most I had have been a bit over 100. But sometimes I don't hoard.

I only seem to be able to do that during the flowery. But most of the time I can't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    OK, after i collected 60 stars, i thought it's enough for one day, so i started completing tasks.

It was not as fun as hoped it to be, i had a lot of tasks that required 2h - 4h30m wait time, so i couldn't finish the day in one go.. But there was an upside to this - while i was waiting for things to get done (didn't want to use precious coins to speed things up), i kept playing and when i finally finished the day, i still had almost 40 stars waiting for the next day. Now i can complete tasks as they come, and i don't get frustrated if i get stuck on a level for a day or two, i can still proceed with the garden, and while the long tasks are completed, i keep collecting stars (which made me wonder - was that the intended way to play the game all along?? )

So for now, i won't hold on to stars if i have them, i will go back at using them as they are available.

It was an interesting experiment, not the results i expected, but great will power exercise to not use the stars until i had 60!
    Hello, are you saying that you were able to complete the whole Pond level with 20 Stars?😯